Dawe Says Thanks

Posted by auroracitizen on October 26, 2010

Geoff Dawe was spotted at the corner of Bayview and Wellington at 6:45 am this morning with a message for Aurora Commuters.

It’s definitely a different type of leadership style.

Looks like we are off to a positive start.

8 Responses to “Dawe Says Thanks”

1. Oh that put smile on my face.
    Congratulations to the new team!
    Anna 🙂

2. LeeAnn said

It’s a bright and sunny day in Aurora. I haven’t seen so many smiling faces in a long long time. Thanks Geoff I feel we’re finally emerging from a dark tunnel.

3. Matt Maddocks said

Class and professionalism all the way Geoff – way to go.

I wonder what Phyllis’ sign would say?

• Horrified said

Matt,

I think it would say:

“Successfully tendered to consultants the long range pre-planning feasibility study to organize a committee for saying Thank You Aurora”.

I presume that’s what it would say because it would only be shown In Camera.

• Matt Maddocks said

Horrified, that’s a great guess. It’s a lot of ink though, could result in big printing costs. She may just decide to go with:

“Typical”

4. Another Anonymous said

Congratulations Geoff!!…and to all the other successful candidates!

Perhaps now we’ll see the number of closed session meetings drop and you’ll see fit to end council meetings at an appropriate hour instead of 1:14 in the morning!! (What was so important that it couldn’t be put off to another time?…..oh that’s right…Councillor Buck had gone home at 10:30!! LOL!!) I don’t imagine there will be a problem like that in the future!

5. Wisely said

Classy – I love it!

What a breath of fresh air.

• Paul Sesto said

You stole my line. I saw the pic and said to myself “now that’s a class act” before I saw your entry. Cheers to Geoff Dawe. Now that’s appreciation. It’s easy to write thanks in blog (which he did) but a lot harder to get out of bed after a long campaign and physically thank Aurora.