Local Student Researcher is Looking for Your Input

Posted by auroracitizen on November 29, 2010

The following request was received from one of our readers. Please help them out if you feel so inclined.

Hello, I am a regular reader and a sometimes-poster and I happen to be a college student as well.

As one of my class projects, I have to write a brief investigatory report, and was inspired by the issues regarding this blog to take on the topic of libel, defamation and blog postings. Because of the recent events in our town, it would be so helpful to have AuroraCitizen blog posters take my survey.

When composing my survey, I do not specifically mention the “AuroraCitizen”, although that is the “local blog” I had in mind.

The url for the survey is http://defamationlibel.wordpress.com. The survey can only be taken once per IP address.

5 Responses to “Local Student Researcher is Looking for Your Input”

1. Moose and Vulcans said

Which college are you attending and what program?

2. Local Student said

I am the “local student”. Thank you for posting this on my behalf. And thank you to those who have responded. I really appreciate the help!

3. Tinfoil Hat Brigade said

“The survey can only be taken once per IP address.”

Hmmm, that’s one way to compile a list of AC participants…

• Local Student said

Oh no, not at all! The survey is public and I had a good number of responses before it was posted here. I guess you’ll have to take my word on that, but the survey website is not local — see here: http://polldaddy.com/feedback/ — It’s located in Ireland, so any privacy issues would have to be brought up under Irish law.

The IP address limits are simply to prevent someone from responding more than once, thereby skewing the data.

For what it’s worth, I’m a student at Mohawk College taking COMMLL 122, Research and Reporting, working towards a certificate in Records and Information Management. The survey is part of my final project for the course.

Anyway, I *do* appreciate all the responses I’ve had, and will likely take down the survey on the weekend to start compiling data for my report. Thank you all again!

4. Winter's comin said

Dear LS … Thanks for asking for my thoughts on the matter. Hopefully other Town Folk who participate in the AC blogs, take the time respond. The results of your survey would be interesting to see. Good luck with your work. …. wc